Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Arriving in Hiroshima, Japan

Today we left Kyoto by Shinkansen (bullet train) for Hiroshima. We will be here until Saturday, when we will fly south to Okinawa. Tomorrow we will meet an atomic bomb survivor and tour the Peace Museum.

The Cobbles incredible art teacher, Susan Vadakin, worked with our fourth graders to create beeeaaautiful water color paintings of trees. Then she bound some paintings into a book for me to give to the A-bomb survivor tomorrow. I also have 100 origami paper cranes to hang at the Peace Museum, cranes folded by Cobbles students. The teachers in my group and I will have 1000 paper cranes all together, to hang there. Thanks again to Mrs. Vadakin, and Mrs. Ercole, for helping me get 100 origami cranes from our students.

Hiroshima...


Restaurant for dinner, on the second floor...



Location:Hiroshima, Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment