Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sapporo Odori High School

Our visit to Sapporo Odori High School today was very special. The students were so welcoming and loved speaking English with us. Their curriculum includes some different electives than our American students a offered:
Tea ceremony...




And judo...




We also visited Hokkaido University, where William Smith Clark made the famous saying, "Boys be ambitious!" I loved the number of bikes in the bike rack! And this is just looking to the left! You should see the bikes to my right!




We ended the day with a Genghis Khan dinner, Mongolian style. It was lamb and veggies, soooo delicious! You place the raw meat and veggies over the grill in the middle to cook your own dinner.




We go to our home stays tomorrow evening for the weekend, so I will probably not be online until Sunday night at the earliest. I am so looking forward to my home stay!

Location:Sapporo, Japan

1 comment: