Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Meiji Shrine

Today we went tithe beautiful Meiji Shrine. It is set in the city of Tokyo, but Is such a large green space within the city. It was beautiful and peaceful.








I brought my shrine book along with me and was able to get the official stamp and writing added. There were many people participating in the service inside.
For lunch, a small group of us went to a Vietnamese restaurant for pho and cafe sua da (delicious iced coffee Vietnamese style). Stacia, it was called Restaurant Saigon! It was not the same as I had in Vietnam, but it was delicious!
Then we were treated to a private koto concert. The koto is a traditional Japanese instrument. The musician was extremely talented.





Location:Tokyo, Japan

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Your trip sounds amazing :)

    That's great that you went for some Vietnamese restaurant! Mom ca phe sua da :) Lenny and I went to a Vietnamese grocery store here in Denver last week... Called New Saigon Market and it even smelled like HCMC, I spoke some Vietnamese to the girl at the counter and she JUMPED out of surprise and being so excited! It was pretty cool :)

    Love and miss you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete